The arrival of cloud storage services has changed the way people and businesses communicate and manage their files. Today companies avoid housing large, bulky filing cabinets full of physical files in their offices, and they don’t even need high capacity on site server storage capabilities. The cloud handles all of these needs remotely.
What is the Cloud?
In a nutshell, the cloud is a system of offsite servers that individuals and businesses use to store their digital files and media. The servers are managed by a hosting company and individuals and organizations buy or rent digital space from them.
An individual may use cloud storage to store their photos and music. A business may use the cloud to store records and documents that everyone in the company needs access to.
The hosting company is responsible for the upkeep of the servers and ensuring that their users have constant access to their stored information.
Has the Cloud Changed the Way We Do Business in Washington DC?
The cloud has had a significant impact on business process in DC and around the world. Several perks of cloud storage services are:
- Scalability: you only pay for the amount of storage you use
- Easy file sharing: one document hosted offsite can be accessed by anyone granted access
- Increased security: hosting companies take extreme measures to keep all data secure
- Remote access: anyone in the company can log in and access information from anywhere
- Reduced power/maintenance costs: you don’t have to pay for server maintenance or energy use
- Natural disaster protection: servers are kept secure and backed up
Get Free Quotes on Cloud Storage Services for Your DC Business
Ready to manage your files via the cloud? Call our DC storage specialists at (202) 540-9073 or fill out the form on the left and we’ll help you find a cloud storage solution for your digital storage needs.